PRIVACY NOTICE FOR TENANTS
Who we are and what we do
KF Property Holding Limited – your Landlord
We are members of the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) our membership number is ZA300120
What kind of personal information do we hold in our files?
We hold information relating to your lease or tenancy for our properties typically including:
|Bank and other financial references
|Correspondence & contact with us – letters, emails, notes & meetings
|Telephone number (s)
|Rent deposit details
|Lease or tenancy details
|Bank account details
|Premises access arrangements and limitations
|Mortgagors and other financial interest registered on the building insurance policy
|Primary and secondary ID for residential tenancies
|Card/fob access control system logs were applicable
|Rent, Insurance and service charge transaction accounts
We may incidentally receive information from you that is regarded in law as sensitive, for example health conditions preventing access for repairs, but we do not make any use of that information beyond the reason it was provided to us.
How we use your personal information
We fairly and lawfully use your data to:
- Provide the services required from us under the contractual term of your lease or tenancy
- Where necessary meet legal or regulatory requirements, for example in relation to residential tenancy deposits or for the detection or prevention of fraud and other crime
- Pursue our legitimate interests in conducting our property owner and management businesses
- Send you details of any of our premises to let where we believe you could be interested in them
From where does your information come?
Personal information held on our files arises from:
- You when you express an interest in or take a lease or tenancy of one of our premises and from subsequent property and financial management.
- Our consultants and or letting agents.
- Solicitors acting for you in property transactions in relation to our properties
- Banks and other entities where references are taken
- On any request for repairs or other services we are asked to perform for you
- On issue of any access control card or fob for use
What are our legal grounds for using your personal information?
- Performance of a contract – where you take a lease or tenancy from us
- Legitimate interests, for example:
- Client details
- Financial transaction records
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Due diligence
- Site & premises security
- Access Arrangements to properties
- Debt Collection
- Names of new tenants & forwarding addresses of former tenants to utility companies and council tax
- Public interest and operation of law, for example:
- Residential tenancy details and deposits
- Health & Safety
- Anything else required by statute or regulation
- Consent – usually none but where we use your data under your consent we will obtain your consent specifically to do so in accordance with GDPR.
With whom do we share your personal information?
Relevant parts of your data are supplied to:
- Companies providing goods and services to us where they reasonably need it, in particular contact details and access limitations, for the performance of those services and supply of goods
- Our accountants and auditors in relation to rent, service charge and insurance financial records
- Our property insurers as a policy requirement
- Our mortgagors as a condition of their financing or our business
- Credit/finance and identity check services for new tenants
- Law enforcement
- Where you ask us to provide a reference or similar statement for you
We do not knowingly share your personal information on social media and we do not sell it to a third party.
Security of your information
We take measures to ensure that personal information is held securely to a reasonable commercial standard and in accordance with our statutory obligations whether on paper, on electronic devices, or on any other media.
For how long do we keep personal information?
- Leasehold premises – up to the length of the lease
- Assured Shorthold tenancies – when your deposit is returned all files are securely sent to SHRED-IT for secure document destruction.
What are your rights in respect of your information?
You have several statutory rights set out in the GDPR:
- Access – if you wish to receive more details of the personal information we hold, please contact the contact details below
- Rectification – if you believe that the information we hold is in accurate or incomplete you can request that it is corrected
- Erasure – in certain circumstances you can request that your personal information is deleted
- Portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Object – in certain circumstances you can object to our processing your information
- Restrict – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict our processing
If we decide to refuse your request under these rights we will provide you with reasons, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Failure to respond in 30 days you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner.
KF Property Holding Limited
3 Mandeville Place
0207 224 4228